Sunday 20 November 2011

Fashion Technical workshop progress


Every Friday at university we have a fashion technical workshop in the machine room. This term we are currently learning how to make a standard tailored women’s wear jacket, then after take the knowledge we have learnt and make a tailored jacket to our own design. I thought I would share with you all my progress on this workshop. We are currently at the point of nearly finishing the jacket demonstration and all I have left to do is attach the lining to the jacket before constructing my own design.
IMG_1225IMG_1226
IMG_1227IMG_1228
IMG_1230
The photos above are of my technical file where I have to show the process of making a tailored jacket, Pocket samples (jetted, jetted with flap, welt, slanted welt, patch, bluff), constructing the lining process and dart manipulation.
IMG_1240IMG_1242IMG_1243IMG_1244
IMG_1245IMG_1246
IMG_1247IMG_1248
IMG_1249
Photos of research into different trends for jackets so help me come up with a concept for my jacket design. I combined Country wear with Fetish- “Country Fetish”
IMG_1250
Inspirational photos for my “Country Fetish” designs.
IMG_1251
IMG_1252
IMG_1254
Above are a few sketches of my ideas for my concept. I really want to use leather and tweed in my final jacket. However I need to source some soft leather as it would be easier to construct which I’m currently on the look for. However I managed to grab some good quality tweed from my fashion technician by chance- 4m for £2.50… ABSOLUTE BARGAIN! I think there was an instant regret as soon as I gave her the money…
IMG_1219IMG_1220
IMG_1223
My jacket and lining so far … excuse the creases!
I’m so excited to move onto my own designs- Will keep you posted!
Charlotte x

3 comments:

  1. Your sketches are wonderful! And your jacket looks like it's almost completed! Beautiful design! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I just had a look through your blog and I'm already hooked!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been a great help for me as a first year fashion design student. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.