Friday 25 November 2011

Sequin Shorts and Shiny All Sorts

I always enjoy returning home from university to packages addressed to me. Especially when I have had a stressful day in the machine room to find an ASOS package makes my mood just that little bit better…well to be fair I usually beam with happiness when receiving online clothes purchases- which seems to be an unhealthy habit of mine.
IMG_2436
 Not only do I have an unhealthy online shopping addiction- I adore purchasing jewellery. From statement necklaces, to vintage dress rings, to strange animal/bug like jewellery! Yes bug jewels- I own a pair of Green fly earrings- some may think weird- I think genius!
So last weeks delivery consisted of a pair of multi-coloured sequined high waist hot pants from RARE. At first I thought they looked like a bedazzled nappy- but as soon as I slipped them on I thought wow these make me feel fab! I would never wear them without black tights as I cringe at the sight of bum check creases on show as this is very tacky! So keep it clean girls!
IMG_2444
I paired the outfit up with my clogs- well I like to think they are better than clogs as they make me feel about 6ft tall!
THE JEWELLERY! I added my cheap Primark £2 bangles with my leopard and zebra print bracelet which I have had since I was 14! My H&M owl ring and  a skull ring from the local vintage shop in Northampton- Most Marvellous Place to Shop. Finally I added one of my most favourite pieces of jewellery which is a statement necklace from the John Lewis Vintage jewellery section. My parents bought me this when they came to visit as  a treat- yes I ended up picking the most expensive piece with fossils in- but who could blame me? To me its beautiful- but really heavy may I add!
IMG_2461IMG_2464
IMG_2465
I wore the shorts with a plain black body from H&M, black chiffon Valentino top and black tights with massive ladders up each leg at the back from Marks and Sparks (yes the ladders are supposed to be there).
IMG_2487IMG_2453IMG_2481
As you can tell by the last image I was a very happy chap with my ASOS purchase… So maybe when your feeling down just try a bit of online retail therapy- the anticipation of it arriving is always a mood lifter!
Charlotte x
(Photos taken by the wonderful and talented Miss Rosie Ashley- follow her on http://rosie-thejourneyofme.blogspot.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.